I'm switching PO Boxes right now, but you'll be able to send me mail again soon!
Software I use:
- I record audio in Audition
- I level it using Levelator
- I animate with ToonBoom Harmony
- I edit video with Premiere and AfterEffects
- I make thumbnails in Photoshop
Hardware I use:
- Wacom Cintiq 13 HD drawing tablet
- I record audio with a Sure SM7B mic, a Cloudlifter, and a Scarlet 2i4
But that stuff is expensive. DON'T SPEND LOTS OF MONEY ON EQUIPMENT IF YOU'RE JUST STARTING!
The Blue Snowball is an ok mic for a relatively low price, and you can get a drawing tablet for less than $100 on Amazon. Audacity is good free audio software, and Pencil2D is free animation software that should be good enough to learn with.
Have a great day! :)